A place to share the crazies!

Mrs. Ipock

Saturday, July 14, 2007

tubin' and bruisin'

We've had so much fun with our boat this summer! It's our quick get-away this summer! These first pictures are from June 30th. We went over to Bull Shoals and rented a small tube just for an hour to have some fun. Reluctantly, Pierce and Kenzi both got on it with me. Our super duper driver, Dad, took it really easy, and they both had a good time! Needless to say, they didn't last very long. About 30 seconds and they were ready to get back in the boat.

A couple weeks later, June 13th, we went out again ~ This time at Table Rock. We rented a bigger tube that seats lots of people. It was this big triangular shaped tube with two indentions that easily held two adults or probably 4 kids. Unfortunately we didn't have our camera while we were on the boat, so we didn't get any pictures of us on it...but you wouldn't have believed them even if you HAD seen pictures! Pierce was so comfortable already, he was standing up on the tube pretending to be surfing! Michael was with him of course, hanging on to his life jacket, but he was definitely a little ham! I rode three times, once with Michael's best friend's girlfriend, Stacy, once with Alex, and once with Pierce. I think it's common knowledge that Bull Shoals is a much calmer lake than Table Rock, but these pictures out to be pretty good proof. Michael took me for the ride of my life when I was tubing on both lakes, but only yesterday did I end up looking like I'd been in a car accident! These 3 pictures show what my legs look like this morning! OUCH! These bruises are actually welts! They're hard and 20 different colors of purple and yellow and black! Needless to say, I'm just a little sore today!

I think next time I might just stay in the boat!






2 comments:

Casey Dawn said...

Wow! you definitely have some shiners! If it makes you feel better, the other night i was singing a concert in the middle of an Ancient Roman ampitheater (not everyday i can say that!!) and there were mosquitoes the size of huge horse flies. They were everywhere and we were definitely in the middle of songs and were unable to swat them away from us. Needless to say, I have about 30 bites on my body...at least 20 alone on my stomach and back!!! Talk about miserable! Oh well, i'm having an amazing time and can't wait to tell you all about it! Also, happy birthday and i want to take you for lunch when i get back! Love ya lots!!

Erica Joy said...

howzers! take it easy lady! :) that sounds like SO much fun, but you have to pay for it apparently. Can't wait to see you soon!