A place to share the crazies!

Mrs. Ipock

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Spontaneity

My husband is the most spontaneous person I know. If I had a dollar for every "fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants" thing he did, I would be rich! Well, probably not...for every dollar I got he'd go buy something else spontaneously! But it isn't only spending money, it's everything from eating out, to camping trips, to big road trips! Today is a prime example! I left my last day of summer school at 1:30 this afternoon and called Michael as I was pulling out of the parking lot to see if he had eaten lunch yet. He proceeds to say those legendary words, "Honey, I did something today. It's kind of good, but it's kind of bad." That's when you automatically know that he's bought something. Sometimes it's tools, sometimes something for the yard or house, but not today... today he bought a boat! NO JOKE! And not just any boat, a boat in MILWAUKEE! That's at least nine hours from here! Now, we've made plenty of big eBay purchases as The Branson Bean, but I must say that this is the LARGEST purchase so far (as far as size is concerned). It's not a new boat, but it's a working boat, which is more than we have now. And he did get a really good deal on it, seeing how we paid less than a third of the bank loan value on the boat. It's a cute boat, a Bayliner. It's a little worn, but a little TLC sure will help! So, summer vacation has officially begun. We'll be off tomorrow morning for Milwaukee to pick up our new boat! We'll probably take a pit stop at the zoo with the kids. We hear it's a 'gotta see' adventure! Then come Monday, you'll find me out on the lake! WOO HOO! Maybe I WILL actually get a tan this summer!


P.S. My parents are riding with us, so pray for our sanity!

3 comments:

Casey Dawn said...

WOH!!!! That's the most spontaneous thing I've EVER heard of!! That's amazing! I hope you enjoy your fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants vacation. Please call me up sometime and we'll get a tan TOGETHER!! Love ya and be careful!!!

About us... said...

Alright! I have to say you will love having a boat. I have grown up being on the lake in the summers. You kids will love your for this spontaneous purchase. You can have so many picnics, you can go tubing, skiing, fishing, pretty much whatever you want because you own a boat. Have a blast!

erika solidum said...

Wow!! I think his spontaneity is paying off for you this time! That is awesome and sounds very fun. See, your life is definintely exciting enough for a blog! Have fun...(and be pretty impressed I posted a comment:)