A place to share the crazies!

Mrs. Ipock

Monday, June 25, 2007

It Runs!

Well, we made it safely home from Milkwaukee. The trip was really great; there were really only a few times I feared for my life. :-0 We took I35 from K.C. up to Des Moines and then got on I80. We drove through torrential downpours from about 15 miles inside Iowa until we reached the Minnesota border! No kidding! It was at least 5 straight hours of rain so hard that we could barely see the lights on the car in front of us. Praise be to God that Michael is such a good driver! I would have had to pull over many times, but he just kept on trekking! At one point in time we were listening to the local radio and heard that there was a tornado just 8 miles south of where we were driving, and if we would have stopped when I wanted to pull over, we would have been right in the middle of it! On Saturday morning we heard on the local news channel in our hotel room that there some of the places we drove through had recorded SEVEN INCHES of rain during the rain storm! We picked up the boat on Saturday morning, and took it straight to Pewaukee Lake to see if if it ran the way the dealership said it did. Michael took it out first, while we waited for him at the boat launch. It took him about 30 minutes to get it going (something was going on with the motor), but once he did, boy wasn't it great! He brought it back to the dock, and Pierce and I got in to go for a spin! It was awesome! We had a boat! We went to the Milkwaukee County Zoo after that, which was great! Michael then made a last minute decision to drive all the way home that evening. We drove from 6:00 on Saturday night until 6:00 Sunday morning (with a few stops here and there). There's so much more to tell, but right now my eyes are closing on their own, so I'm going to have to do a little sleeping. Here's to Road Trips!

3 comments:

Casey Dawn said...

Wow! I'm glad you made it through SEVEN inches of rain, torrential downpours and tornados! How exciting! I'm surprised you didn't take a test drive down the street...I'm sure there was enough water! Well, anyway, I'm glad you had fun and I'm even more thankful that you made it back in one piece! Love ya!

Erica Joy said...

My goodness friend! You are a very good story teller, and I'm so glad you made it back safely. Whew! Your husband is crazy, but then again maybe not. :) I think all really smart/genius type people tend to be kind of insane, so that could be the upside of it. :)
It's fun to be able to see how your summer has gone, but I want to see you in real life, so I'll be given you a call real soon. I just got back from my own galavanting yesterday. I'll tell you all about it. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Tornados are scary..too bad Brandon Beck wasn't there to give you the weather update, you probably would have been better informed. :)